counter free hit unique web Seeker's thoughts ... <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5470643?origin\x3dhttp://path-seeker.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Seeker's thoughts ...

From Darkness to Light, Dependence to Freedom, Fear to Fearlessness ....

All our masks are donned because we want to save relationships for a few more days, few more months or a few more years.

If we think about it, every relation has a life of about 4-5 years tops except familial ties and close friends. And those too are there until one of the two parties concerned makes an exit from Planet Earth.

And to save those always-fleeting relations what do we do? We project ourselves as per what the relation demands. I am a "good" guy, "rough-n-tough" one, "cool" dude, practical, emotional ... depending on the opposite person and the situation. The real me is just lost in all this. And all of this just to look good and save relationships.

I am not saying that I should just freely act my mind and feelings and start abusing/kicking everyone in their crotches just because I feel like it but I think I am sensible enough to make the distinction that which feeling to act upon and which not to. The most important thing to consider is that the distinction shouldn't be based on whether I will look good as a result of saying/doing this or donning any masks.

It's always better to have people accept you for what you are and not for what they think you are. Also, this way you don't have to worry about remembering which mask to don and worrying about your mask falling off.

Best to be oneself.

No one's like that and also one cannot be like somebody else.

Especially not for something as fleeting as a few years worth of good relations.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

April 26, 2010 7:42 AM

Agreed that relations are temporary, even with family and friends it is so, as people change over time. That makes the relation harder to sustain, as one of the person the "good" as you describe goes overboard to save it, and it hurts only her/himself". Yes, we be ourselves and live as though everything is temporary.

I hope you didn't really feel like kicking everyone in the crotches.    



April 26, 2010 6:46 PM

I feel even the "good" person doesn't don the mask to save the relation ... he/she just dons it to make oneself look good in the eyes of the other person or even the public in general.

hehe ... not really :-)    



» Post a Comment